Job Title: Lead Manufacturing Engineer (14-00292)
Location: Pontiac, MI
Salary: $75k-$85K a year
Type of Hire: Contract
Duration: Long term full time
M-F Day Shift - May be some (less than 5% ) off-shift work
Number of openings: 5
Requirement: Position requires 12 years of experience with 6-9 years of relative automotive engineering experience.
The "career " level process engineer responsible for developing manufacturing processes, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of parts. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or manufacturing plant activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Manufacturing process definition including; sequence of operations, human factors consideration and efficient material flow
Project management for large (or large portions of) programs or projects. Responsible for project timing and milestones. OR Manages variants of technologies through development and across multiple implementations
Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology
Key Job Elements Include:
Lead process development to drive common processes and lean, manufacturable designs.
Provide direction for the design, build, and operation of all operations to ensure a successful launch
Process development and maintenance of technical memory for assigned area
Incorporate lean manufacturing principles for application on future product programs.
Develop and drive the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process at/with sites after program launch.
Support Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA) processes - analyze quality risk factors and develop appropriate product, process, and tooling countermeasures.
Develop cost studies for make/buy analysis of product and process alternatives.
Specific knowledge and experience with one of the Process Development Focus areas above.
Typically 8+ years work experience in Manufacturing Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent.
Strong technical knowledge and ability in manufacturing process engineering disciplines
Strong knowledge and ability to implement cost and quality improvements
Proven ability in project management skills
Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing principals
High level of written and oral communication skills
High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
Strong analytical, computer, problem solving and presentation skills
Ability to work independently
Extensive travel, extended working hours, and varying shift schedules may be required from time to time
Thorough manufacturing operations knowledge with experience in Production, Maintenance, Manufacturing
Engineering, and/or Quality including experience
Experience in process design, build, validation, implementation, and continuous improvement
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and difficult projects and assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results
Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assignment to improve output and to help others.
Education and training
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical) or equivalent experience
Preferred Master Degree in Engineering or Business Management
Process Development Focus Areas:
Engine, Transmission, and Driveline Assembly Develop and implement optimized assembly systems for future GM Powertrain products. Specify equipment, develop fixtures, implement error proofing, optimize cycle time, and support overall assembly system optimizations.
CNC Machining Develop CNC milling, turning, grinding, hobbing, hard gear finishing, and polishing processes. Specify equipment, develop fixtures, implement error proofing, optimize cycle time, develop advanced cutters and coatings, and support overall system optimizations
Please acknowledge that you understand that your answers to the following questionnaire will be part of your submittal to our client, and that you will answer each question as thoroughly and professionally as possible
1. Please provide details of any specific achievement(s) that you would like to highlight from your career that would make you a great fit for this position?
2. Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
3. Can you please list why you left or why you are looking to leave your most recent employer?
4. Can you list why you left each of your past employers, please?
5. Do you have any gaps in your employment longer than 3 months? If so can you explain these gaps?
6. What is your current / last pay rate?
7. What is your "acceptable and "ideal pay rate for this position? We would like to make sure we don't price you out of consideration, but you know what the numbers are that you need (Please Do Not put negotiable)
8. When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
9. If you currently do not live near the job location and the commute is too far for you, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense?
10. Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?